Holy Monastery of Agiou Pavlou
In the foothills of Mount Athos, the Monastery of St. Paul’s is located. The main church was built in 1844 and is dedicated to the Presentation of the Lord. The marbles dominate in it, e.g. the temple is made of marbles that come from Mount Athos, Tinos and Penteli, while the separation of the temple in different parts is made with the help of columns.
In the northwest wing of the monastery the ancient chapel of St. George with the beautiful murals of the 15th century has been salvaged. The library contains 495 manuscripts and 18,000 printed books. In fine marble shrine within the temple, the miraculous image of Our Lady of Myrovlytissa can be found.
Feast: The Presentation of Jesus at the Temple.