skip to Main Content

Holy Monastery of Karakallou

For the first time, the Monastery is mentioned in an Act that dates back to 1018. The Holy Monastery suffered many disasters from pirates, Crusaders and Catalans. Its main church is dedicated to the “Chief Apostles” Peter and Paul. The structure was built during the 16th century and was decorated in the 17th century. The library contains 42 parchments and codes from the 9th to the 14th century.

Magnificent is the parchment scroll that contains the Divine Liturgy of St. John the Chrysostom. Within half an hour from the monastery and close to the sea there is a large tower. Among the other Holy Relics that are kept here, the Holy Skull of St. Christopher and the Holy Relics -Remains of the Saints Ignatius, Tryphon and Andrew stand out.

Ιερά-Μονή-Καρακάλλου

Photo Gallery

SUGGESTED PRODUCTS FROM HOLY MONASTERY OF KARAKALLOU

[etheme_products product_img_hover=”mask” products=”bestsellings” categories=”227″]

ALL MONASTERY PRODUCTS

Click on the image displaying in the right to see all the monastery products 

Holy Monastery of Karakallou

On the map

Back To Top