The Coenobitic Skete of Prophet Elijah
In 1757 the Cell was granted to the Ukrainian monk saint Paisius Velichkovsky. He lived ascetically on Mount and Romania, where he created a great ascetical-philological school.
He translated the Philokalia of the Neptic Saints in Slavonic and Romanian. Soon several Russian monks came here. They lived in huts at the beginning and were later gathered in a building. In 1892 the Patriarch VIII of Constantinople proclaimed it a coenobitic Skete. It belongs to the Holy Monastery of Pantokrator.