The Skete of Saint John the Baptist
In 1851 the Moldovan monks Nephon and Nektarios, after having lived ascetically in the Skete of Saint Anna, bought the old Cell of Saint John the Baptist, which in 1856 was upgraded to communal Skete by Patriarch Cyril VII. Today it belongs to the Holy Monastery of Great Lavra. The Catholic of the Skete was founded in 1857 and there we can find the wonderful icon of Virgin Mary Acheiropíitos. The library contains around 200 manuscripts and 5,000 printed books.