Agioritiko Abaton – Red Wine
Agioritiko Abaton is an impressive and well-known red wine with a rich flavor and long aftertaste that leaves flavors of red fruit and mint notes. From the vineyards of Mount Athos … in your glass, Agioritiko Abaton is an ideal wine to accompany vegetables, meats and cheeses.
Net Weight: 750ml
Agioritiko Abaton red wine
Agioritiko Abaton is a renowned red wine, one of the excellent products of Mount Athos, bottled by Tsantali winery.
The grapes are vinified in the restored winery Metohi Chromitsas on Mount Athos, in the Russian Monastery of Saint Panteleimon. Open oak tanks play the role that, according to the Athonite tradition, the “offenders” used to play.
It is a long-standing aging wine that matures in 300 liters of French oak barrels. The aromas of wine, harmoniously tied to those of the wood, are completed in an impressive bouquet while staying in the bottles. The Mount Athos microclimate is considered ideal for growing selected varieties.
Agioritiko Abaton from Mount Athos is a mix of Xinomavro, Grenache and Limnio. It retains the aromatic characteristics of red fruits, liquorice and mint notes, rounded with soft tannins and long aftertaste.
It is a distinguished and fine wine which is consumed plain but accompanies deliciously cooked vegetables, cold meats, red meat as well as various kinds of cheeses.
Meet the Organic Farming Vineyards of the Holy Monastery of Saint Panteleimon
– On one mountain with pine forests, from the other sea: these are the natural boundaries of Mount Athos that guarantee its unique microclimate.
– The sea breeze in Virgin Mary’s Garden, softens the high temperatures and at the same time offers the necessary moisture to the soil.
– The mountain offers refreshing dew and at the same time it protects the vineyard from strong northerly winds.
– So the grapes mature slowly and in the most natural way. The soil is deep sandy, poor in base and organic substance, with acidic PH.
– Its composition acts as a shield for solar radiation, keeping temperatures low in the summer.
– Its light texture causes the roots to penetrate the rich granite subsoil.
Protected Geographical Indication Mount Athos
Alcoholic strength: 13%.
Net Weight: 750ml