Christ – Engraved Background
The artwork has been crafted by the Athonite monk father Luke, iconographer from the Holy Monastery of Xenophontos on Mount Athos
• Byzantine art is meant to take us from the perceived to the conceivable, from the substantial to the eternal.
• The engraved halo symbolizes the divine light with which the illustrated form is filled. Both the halo and the area surrounding the figure of Christ are crafted with pure gold and have been carved with the use of the «tsoukani» technique.
• The features are highlighted in order to transfer theological messages. The large open eyes mean that Ηe sees deep into our souls. The light around the eyes is radial. The mouth is designed small to signify fasting. The fingers are long, while the hand blessing has larger dimensions. It is worth observing the folds of the garments that reveal not the physical movement but the spiritual pulse of the existence.
– The iconography was crafted by the Athonite monk father Luke, iconographer from the Holy Monastery of Xenophontos and bears the seal of the Monastery. It was polished in order to maintain its luster.
– It is available with the approval and blessing of the Holy Monastery via the products exhibition of Mount Athos.
|Dimensions||3 × 12.5 × 17.5 cm|