Pumpkin Seeds – Rich in Vitamins | Mount Athos Pharmacy
Pumpkin seeds are extremely beneficial for our health since they contain plenty of minerals as well as L-tryptophan, which helps promote sleep and fight depression! They are also a natural protector against osteoporosis & are very good for prostate health since they alleviate difficult urination that happens with an enlarged prostate.
Net Weight: 200g
Frequently bought together
Athomite Pumpkin Seeds from Mount Athos Pharmacy, Karyes
It’s time to add some monastic Pumpkin Seeds in your daily diet. Why? this pure product from Mount Athos Pharmacy is a real treasure for human health. High in nutritional value, the pumpkin seed will boost your energy and add some original flavour in your routine. TheHoly Athinite Fathers of Mount Athos, collect and process the seeds. Their production is based on 100% pure ingredients and recipes from the traditional pharmaceutics of Mount Athos!
Pumpkin Seeds Properties
- They contain L-tryptophan, which helps promote sleep and fight depression. Tryptophan is converted into serotonin and niacin, which aids in sleeping.
- Pumpkin seeds contain phytosterols, compounds that that have been shown to reduce levels of LDL cholesterol.
- They are filled with lots of minerals including phosphorus, magnesium, manganese, iron and copper.
- They are a good source of vitamin K.
- High in zinc, pumpkin seeds are a natural protector against osteoporosis, since zinc deficiencies can lead to higher rates of osteoporosis.
In a study of almost 400 men (age from 45-92) published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, researchers found a correlation between low dietary intake of zinc, low blood levels of the trace mineral and osteoporosis at the hip and spine.
There are some more features that boost the nutritional value of this superfood.
- Pumpkin seeds are a good source vitamin E; they contain about 35.10 mg of tocopherol per 100 g. They are an excellent source of vitamin B group (thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, pantothenic acid, vitamin B-6 and folates).
- 100 g of pumpkin seeds contains about 30 grams of protein.
- They are the most alkaline-forming seed. According to studies, the seeds prevent calcium oxalate kidney stone formation.
- They reduce inflammation and counter arthritis pain without the side effects of anti-inflammatory drugs.
- They are used in many cultures as a natural treatment for tapeworms and other parasites.
- They are good for prostate health. The oil in these seeds alleviates difficult urination that happens with an enlarged prostate.
Tips: Pumpkin seeds are the only seeds that are alkaline-forming; in this world of highly acidic diets, that is a very good thing. And if you want an easy method for making them more digestible, try soaking them in water for 6 hours!
Keep in cool and shady place.
Origin: Mount Athos Pharmacy, Karyes
Net Weight: 200g
Pumpkin seeds were discovered by archaeologists in caves in Mexico that date back to 7,000 B.C. North American tribes were the very first to observe the particular miracle in pumpkin seeds. Pumpkins and their seeds were an important Native American Indian food used for their dietary and medicinal properties. Pumpkin seeds were very popular in ancient Greece.
The nutrition in pumpkin seeds improves with age; they are among the few foods that increase in nutritive value as they decompose. According to tests made at the Massachusetts Experimental Station, squash and pumpkin seeds stored for more than five months show a marked increase in protein content.