Virgin Mary Ierosolymitissa – Engraved Serigraph | Father Pefkis

25.0075.00

Rated 0 out of 5
(be the first to review)

A beautiful icon with the representation of Virgin Mary Ierosolymitissa. This icon belongs to the category of engraved and is crafted by father Pefkis, one of the most famous Greek iconographers and former graduate of the Athonite Ecclesiastical Academy of Mount Athos who follows the standards of Byzantine art.

 

 

Origin: Workshop of Byzantine art of Father Pefkis

Clear selection
SKU: N/A Categories: ,

Description

Engraved icon with Virgin Mary Ierosolymitissa

An engraved icon with Virgin Mary Ierosolymitissa. According to Holy Tradition this first and miraculous icon was painted through the revelation of the Holy Theotokos to a nun named Tatiana from the Holy Monastery of St. Mary Magdalene, around 1870 AD.  In iconography, this is termed «acheiropoieto» which means that this is an image not painted by hands and is now located exactly where the Panagia wanted it to be, in her «home», her final resting place at her holy tomb in Gethsemane. The name «Ierosolymitissa» has since been adopted because it means the «Most Holy Lady from Jerusalem», an icon which is extremely miraculous.

Engraved icon: Characteristics

A beautiful icon with the representation of Virgin Mary Ierosolymitissa, one of the many epithets that are used for Theotokos. This particular icon is painted on canvas and the iconographer used gold background. The vivid colours are elevating the aesthetic value of this artwork. It is obvious that the iconographer follows until the last detail the standards of Byzantine art and he is also using colours processed mainly with egg and other traditional material. The surface of this icon is coated with pure beeswax so that the icon maintains the vividness of the colours.

 

 

Origin: Workshop of Byzantine art of Father Pefkis

 

Additional information

WeightN/A
TECHNIQUE

Reviews

There are no reviews yet.

Be the first to review “Virgin Mary Ierosolymitissa – Engraved Serigraph | Father Pefkis”