Holy Monastery of Xeropotamou
According to the tradition it was built in the 5th century. During the 18th century the distinguished Kesarios Daponte, lived ascetically in the Monastery. After touring in Transdanubia he collected a large sum, with which the major part of the Monastery was renovated.
The Catholic was rebuilt in 1761-63 and was frescoed in 1783. In the Holy Monastery pieces of the Holy relics are kept while prominent positions are held by the Gift of the Magi and the biggest surviving piece of the True Cross. In the library 21 parchments can be found while there are also 425 manuscripts. Feast Day: Forty Martyrs.