Greece is a country rich in Orthodox monasteries that follow the rules of the Holy Mountain. The organized communities of the monasteries, highlight the richness of Orthodoxy while utilize the beauty and the goods offered by the Greek nature.
They are built in spectacular locations, some of which are extremely inaccessible, while many stand proudly at high altitude. They are the jewels of byzantine architecture, despite the destruction and reconstruction that many have suffered because of the constant wars, during which the Christian faith and its symbols were targeted by enemies.
Apart from the relics and sacred icons harboring within them, the monks and nuns of every Holy Monastery produce excellent products, such as honey, wax creams, handiworks, oil, halva, and various pharmaceutical and cosmetic products made with the pure care of the monks. The Mount Athos products exhibition, invites you on a virtual tour to learn about the history of the Greek monasteries.
- Agia Triada Monastery or Agia Triada Tsangarolon
- Holy Monastery of Toplou
- Holy Monastery of Saint Dionysios of Olympus
- Holy Monastery of the Ascension of Christ
- Monastery of St. James the Brother of God
- Holy Monastery of St. Panteleimon and Eyboulos Amyntaiou
- Monastery of St. John the Prodromos of Serres