Chromitsa red – Limnio, Cabernet Sauvignon
The unique ecosystem of the St. Panteleimon cloister on Mt. Athos gives birth to a truly ‘grand vin’.
A red dry wine from the organically grown grapes of Mount Athos – Cabernet Sauvignon, Limnio and the vineyard surrounding the Holy Monastery of St. Panteleimon.
• The slopes of Mt Athos, a unique place of great natural beauty; a monastic community dedicated to the perpetual glorification of Virgin Mary.
• A place of devotion, prayer, obedience and meditation.
• From the early settlements, the monks at the cloister of St. Panteleimon, on the slopes of Mount Athos (250 m above sea level) have cultivated the vines under harsh conditions.
• It was the beginning of a notable winemaking tradition that lasted throughout the centuries and made the Mt. Athos wine renowned.
• The unique ecosystem of the St. Panteleimon cloister on Mt. Athos gives birth to a truly ‘grand vin’. Deep red colour, a harmony of spices on top of complex fruit notes.
• Intense and generous presence of the Cabernet Sauvignon with a velvety texture that marks the Limnio.
• Ιmpressive but silky tannins and subtlely integrated barrique tones. Weight and bitter elegance on a melted chocolate background.
Serving temperature: Best served at 18 – 20 °C.
Serving suggestions: Exquisite with steak au poivre, roasted lamb ribs, duck in caramelised sauce, game and full-flavoured cheeses.
Alcohol content: 13,5%. Wine Bottle Size: 750ml
Protected Geographical Indication: Mount Athos